Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday

I love going to church! I love the fellowship, the worship, and getting to be with my family...it's also a treat to see old friends!

My dad is my Sunday School teacher and we're studying a book called "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. It's pretty interesting even though alot of it is over my head. What a day that will be though!

***

On another note, while my husband is busy being the closing manager at the restaurant tonight, I'm enjoying a quiet evening at home. Sometimes I get lonely and my imagination gets the best of me and I think I start hearing strange noises. Our fabulous dog Princess is here to keep me company though. I should enjoy these evenings to have to myself (as much as I miss spending time with my husband, such is the hospitality business), for I know one day I will not have this quiet time to do whatever I want whenever I want. This time allows me to think about the future. I think I'm still at the place where I'm not sure that I want a baby just yet. I mean, I want a baby, just not right now...only sometimes right now...you know what I mean? I have already picked everything out that I want (let's hope it's still in style) and the names. I am going to be perfectly honest with you...I need to lose weight first. Some of you that have known me for while knows that I have had issues with this. I was overweight in highschool up to the summer going into my senior year when I got into volleyball and weight watchers and the pounds dropped big time. My first two years of college I was super thin...when I moved in with my girls my sophomore year alot of the reason I was thin is because I sometimes didn't have my own groceries to eat...so I didn't eat alot until I met Larry and he took me out to dinner or cooked me dinner...LOL. Anyway, since then I put on the pounds and let me tell you, it's embarrassing. I currently have a membership at a local gym with a personal trainer and she is amazing! I have lost some weight and inches since September, but just like everyone on the weight loss journey you want to lose the weight...well, yesterday! I told my trainer, Dawn, that I'm missing out on some great trends...skinny jeans, leggings, wearing tall boots over jeans or leggings, bikinis, ha ha ha!

Shopping is sometimes a rollercoaster. I want it to be like the old days where a large was too big and a medium fit perfectly, or being able to walk into any store and find something that fit..and not in the plus size section. I want to lose the weight for alot of reasons.
(In no particular order)
First- I want to lose it for my husband. Why? My husband is so great to me, he is an amazing man and he deserves a hot wife. I want to make him proud, I want him to show me off.
Second- I want to lose it to be healthy. Being overweight is not healthy. I know being pregnant you pack on the pounds...it would be horrendous for me to be pregnant right now...just plain gross.
Third- I want to lose it for me. I want to be comfortable, I want to be able to be happy when I shop and not depressed in a dressing room.

I told Larry if I lost all of this weight that I might want to stay thin for a while..maybe I won't want a baby right away, maybe I want to revel in my fantastic thinness.

Just some stuff to think about....

We'll try and see how long this blogging once a day continues.

-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment